What is Wilde City?
Wilde City is a metropolis of gay male fiction, with every building brimming with tales of gay intrigue, romance or eroticism, and every street corner filled with the most talented writers in the industry just itching to tell you stories that will make you laugh, cry and beg for more!
Are Wilde City’s books available as eBooks, print books or both?
Every Wilde City release will be available as an eBook in the following formats:
When you purchase a Wilde City eBook you’ll receive a download containing all formats so that you can choose the right one for your e-reading device.
Any release over 50,000 words will also be available in paperback print shortly after its initial e-book release. When this is made available, you’ll be able to click on a link that will give you a choice of retailers for your print purchase.
How do I use the file formats that I download from the Wilde City website?
After you have purchased the book, you will receive a confirmation email which includes a download link for a zip file. We suggest that you download and save the zip file to a safe place on your computer.
Double clicking the zip file will open it and inside you should find a folder with the same title as the book you purchased. Double clicking that folder will open it, revealing the various individual formatted copies of the book – you should have EPUB, MOBI, PDF & HTML versions, however some titles do vary. From there you can copy/paste the individual book files for side loading to your devices or attach them to an email and send them to your device wirelessly (if your eReader has that capability).
Here is a general compatibility list of files that should work with particular eReaders/programs:
- PC Laptop or Desktop: PDF will be your go-to format. Adobe provides free reader software for your PC which can be found on the Adobe website. For Nook or Kindle for your PC or tablet device see below.
- Sony Reader: You can use the ePub format. You can sideload the file by connecting your Sony Reader to your computer and following the device instructions. You can also visit the Sony Reader store at http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/ for free software downloads and customer service. Please refer to the user manual of your model for instructions on how to upload files to your device.
- iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch: You should download the zip file, then drag and drop the ePub file into your iTunes. Sync your device and your book should appear in your iBook app. If you are using the Stanza reader, please visit http://www.lexcycle.com for complete instructions. For Nook or Kindle for your PC or tablet device see below.
- Kindle: There are two ways to transfer the file to your Kindle device. First, you need to download the zip file to obtain the MOBI version of your title. Then plug your Kindle reading device into your desktop or laptop using the USB port. Then drag and drop the MOBI file into your Kindle reader file. This is generally found under My Computer. You can also email the MOBI file to your Kindle email address assigned by Amazon when you purchased your device and can upload the book that way. For additional instructions or Kindle customer service, please visit http://www.amazon.com, click on My Account, and follow the links to the Kindle Personal Documents page. Please refer to the user manual of your model for instructions on how to upload files to your device.
- Nook: The EPUB format is the file compatible for your Barnes and Noble Nook reader. For first-gen, plug your Nook reading device into your desktop or laptop using the USB port. Then drag and drop the EPUB file into the My Documents folder on your Nook reader file. For complete instructions and free downloads, please visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/free-nook-apps/379002321/. Please refer to the user manual of your model for instructions on how to upload files to your device.
- Kobo: The EPUB format is the file compatible for your Kobo reader. Please refer to the user manual of your model for instructions on how to upload files to your device.
Where else can I find Wilde City eBooks other than Wilde City?
Wilde City books are first made available as eBooks on our Wilde City Website. Shortly after that they are made available as eBooks on all our third party supplier sites including Amazon Kindle, Apple and most other popular ebook sales sites.
I’ve paid for my eBooks, but how do I download them?
Once your payment has been successfully made, you will see a payment confirmation page which contains a link to download all eBook formats in one convenient ZIP file. Don’t worry though, we’ll also send you an email with a copy of those download links for safe-keeping and future reference.
I bought a Wilde City book but I didn’t get a download link. What should I do?
You should have seen a link to download your purchase on the payment confirmation page, and you should have received an email that also contained your download link. If not, please click here to contact us for further assistance.
My computer crashed and my books are gone! Yikes! How can I retrieve my purchases?
If you’ve stored your confirmation email in a safe place, you should be able to simply click on your download link to download another copy of the email. You can download the file three times before the link is deactivated. If you don’t have a copy of your confirmation emails, or you are unable to download the files for some reason, please click here to contact us for further assistance.
I’ve updated to a different e-reading device and need to update my library on the new e-reader. How do I do that?
The file you downloaded contains several different versions of the book that can operate on different reading devices. If you have saved the file you downloaded simply find the correct format and follow your device manufacturer’s instructions for how to upload you book onto your new device. If you don’t have a copy of the file you originally downloaded, and don’t have a copy of the confirmation email to download a new copy, please click here to contact us for further assistance.